Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lemon Amish Friendship Bread




Well hmmmmm.  The lemon variety of the Amish Friendship Bread was not quite as good as the regular.  I am not sure, but I think it may be the combination of the yeast and lemon that just did not jive.  I really think the Martha White lemon poppyseed muffin mix is pretty hard to beat, considering you only add milk and bake for a few minutes.  But, I will make more homemade lemon bread again and try it without yeast the next time.  I had planned on trying butter pecan and pumpkin varieties of the Amish bread but am now a little hesitant since the lemon did not quite turn out the way I hoped.  Hmmmmm.  Might just stick with the original recipe.  

On the other hand, my breakfast biscuits turned out perfect...

 

1 comment:

  1. Don't know that I ever tried lemon, but my kids loved it in a cookies and cream flavor.
    The biscuits look yummy. Now I'm hungry! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!