Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thankful for Football

I know November thankful blogs are over, but I must say that on this second day of December I am thankful for football.  As odd as it may sound, it is one part of the glue that makes my family a family.  My husband played Pop-Warner League as a youngster, in middle school, and high school.  My son played Pop-Warner League, middle school, and high school.  My daughter cheered for Pop-Warner League and all through middle school and high school.  I sat on bleachers when the temperature was so hot that I was soaked in sweat, but that was nothing compared to the sweat on my son's uniform on the hot field.  I sat on the bleachers when it was so cold that I could not feel my own butt, but that was nothing compared to the temperature on the field where my son played.  I was a football booster for oh, how many years???  I have made countless pots of chili, hot dog sauce, and spaghetti sauce to feed hungry boys and cheerleaders.  The kids are now in college, but football is still part of the glue.  We all still LOVE to sit down as a family and watch college and pro football.  We plan meals that taste wonderful during a Sunday afternoon game.  We plan snack foods and hot chocolate for playoff and bowl games.  We look for new recipes for cheese fries and spinach dip.  The kids have invited friends over for Super Bowls since they were old enough to sit and watch the Super Bowl.  We talk about coaching changes, game strategy, who is being traded to whom, who is leading the NFL in receptions, who rushed for how many yards, and the list goes on.  As odd as it may seem, I am very thankful for football.  We are all busy through the week with work and school, taking care of things at home, etc., but my heart still skips a little beat when they say, "Hey mom, are you going to watch this game with us?"  Why yes, I will be right there.  Just let me get the cheese fries out of the oven and get some soft drinks out of the refrigerator.  I hope and pray God allows me to sit on the couch with kids and future grandbabies for a very long time. 

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda, what an awesome testimony of "family"!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to share a passion with family. We enjoy college football, but not so much the pro stuff. In fact, we have never had the Super Bowl on in our home. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!