Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cobblestone Quilting at the Kentucky Market Pavillion

I finally did it.  I have been thinking about it and talking about it and finally just took the time to quilt several plastic bag holders for the Kentucky Market Pavillion.  I live about 10 minutes from this sweet little place and I love it.  It is right off an exit on I-64. 


It is a farmer's market, gift shop, and restaurant called "The Lunch Box."  My husband and one of the Amish guys he works with built me a stand last week to hang the bags on and we set it up yesterday evening.  
The pavillion has lots of homemade jellies and preserves, apple butter, homemade goatmilk soap, jewelry, hand carved walking canes, candles, etc., but only one other vendor with quilting (baby and lap quilts).  I may not sell even one bag, and if not I will have lots of pretty bags hanging around my house and have some Christmas presents already made!  The best part is, I have another reason to quilt!  (Like I really NEED a reason).  I know times are tough and most folks are cutting back on their spending, so I tried to make something that is functional as well as pretty and I am hoping others think so also.  I am really hoping to just make a little extra $$ to support my quilting habit. We will see!  I finished two more bags last night and will be taking those down today.  Now I guess it is just wait and see.  I will never know until I dive in and try.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a wonderful stand they built for you, Rhonda! I hope things go well for you--the bags look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stand should sell them! Did you sell any? I always love to sell at markets. I enjoy it and haven't gotten to in so long!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!