Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July and a quilted patriotic wall hanging



Happy Independence Day!  I managed to put aside a couple of hours this week to piece and quilt this little patriotic wall hanging.  




 I really NEED to somehow make more time to quilt.  I feel like I have *come home* when I am at the ironing board, cutting table, and sewing machine.  I really could feel the stress subsiding.  I hope all of you have a wonderful, relaxing, fun-filled, day with your families.  Hugs from the Bluegrass State!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet little patriotic piece, Rhonda.
    I hear you--quilting is my therapy. People say I am so productive--what I hear is "You must be so stressed." : )
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda I LOVE your little patriotic quilt!! So, so, so cute!! Glad you got some therapy time!! You're right - you NEED to make time for YOU!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are worth thousands of words, it’s nice to see the attention to detail from your end. Thanks From Canberra deck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhonda! Thanks so much for stopping by my recipe site to comment. I'm glad you did so that I could also find your own home on the web. You have a great talent at combining patterns. What a beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!