Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Calendar Quilts and Stitcheries

I saw the most adorable little log cabin quilted wall hanging at a local quilt shop last January and signed up for the project.  What I did NOT know was that I had signed up for the whole year --- 12 months of little calendar quilts.  The book is "Calendar Quilts and Stitcheries" by Nancy Halvorsen for Art to Heart.  This has turned out to be a project that I "never-got-around-to-it."  The book has excellent photos and instructions and you can appliqué or stitch each pattern.  I have the book and 11 fabric and button kits, January through November, and will be picking up the December kit at the quilt shop as soon as the owner get those ready.  The cost of the book was $16.95 and I have paid $11.95 for each monthly kit.  I have paid over $160 for the book and kits to complete these adorable little calendar quilts.  I am selling them for $110 with free shipping.  I can mail you the book and 11 kits now (January through November) and then send December as soon as I pick it up from the quilt shop, or just wait until I get December and send them all together.  I just advertised these on Etsy, but if any of my blogging friends are interested I can delete the Etsy listing.  I have taken a lot of pictures and can email more than are shown if anyone is interested. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!