Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pumpkin spice muffins --- Pioneer Woman style!

I know it isn't fall yet .... the temperature outside still says summertime, hot and humid.  But, it is September and fall isn't too far away.  Without a doubt, autumn is my very favorite time of the year.  More about autumn later ... but today a quick glimpse of fall food.  I have been looking for a really good pumpkin muffin recipe.  I came across a recipe by Ree, the Pioneer Woman.  I had everything in my pantry to make these except Carnation evaporated milk (we called it Carnation Cream while growing up, not sure why).  I dropped by the grocery after church today and picked up a small can and made these muffins today.  Here are pictures of mine ...

If you want a GREAT homemade muffin, click HERE for Pioneer Woman's recipe.  One thing I LOVE is that this uses butter instead of oil.  I do have to disagree with her on one thing.  She said the recipe would not make a full 12 muffins.  I filled all 12 cups at least two-thirds full, probably closer to three-fourths.  The recipe calls for 25 minutes.  I baked 20 to start with, wanting to make sure they did not overbake, and ended up giving them another 3 minutes.  They are dense and packed with spicy, pumpkin goodness (but not overly sweet).  With the homemade cream cheese frosting, these taste a lot like a pumpin roll.  Break away from the box and packet mix and try these sweet babies ... you will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I love fall, too. And I love baking with pumpkin. These muffins look yummy! My favorite is a chocolate chip pumpkin cookie--or maybe my pumpkin muffins with streusel topping--or is it the pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting--or the pumpkin roll--or pumpkin pancakes? Oh, I just love it all! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!