Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

My sweet mom has been gone for 13 years now, but in honor of Mother's Day I am making a supper that was one of her favorites and also one of my favorites that she made ...... spare ribs, potatoes, and saurkraut.   My husband is from Mississippi, where ribs are ONLY barbequed.  They have their secret dry rubs for the slow process over the smoker and Mississippians may differ somewhat on whether the sauce should be sweet, smoky, tangy, or spicy, but they never disagree that ribs are only for Bar-B-Q-ing.  My husband still doesn't care for my method, which probably is German in origin.  But, he smoked a nice pork loin yesterday and I am fixing my mom's recipe on top of the stove for the kids and myself.  We do agree on the sides, fresh greens from a dear friend's garden and cornbread.  I am not sure if the ribs in heaven are "Suhthen" or German, but Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love and miss you every day. 

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't raised in the South either and there are special things that my mom made that bring back such great memories! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!