Child of God, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, quilter, basket lover, amateur photographer, flower and vegetable gardener …….. some a little of who I am, some a lot of who I am, and all a part of me. When I started quilting several years ago, it sparked a passion in my creative side that I never knew existed. I fell in love with it from the very start. I love everything about it, from choosing the fabrics and designing the quilt until the time I finish the last stitch of the binding and everything in between.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First quilt I ever pieced

I am in the process of giving my blog a makeover, so please pardon me as I work on it as time allows.  Just two weeks ago I finished a quilt that just happens to be the very first one I ever pieced, years ago.  This was actually some of the first quilt shop fabric I ever bought.  I had never heard of Moda, Thimbleberries, Marcus, Red Rooster .... you quilters know what I am talking about.  Once you feel the quality of the good stuff, especially when you iron it or feel it moving under your fingers while sewing, well, I was hooked.  I fell in love with this Kansas Troubles fabric from Moda.  I has been pieced for so long and I do not have any selvages to look at, but I think it is Seeds of Time.  I have had it on my UFO list for "a while now", embarrassed to say how long.  I know I have quilting ADD, but I think once I got this pieced I wanted to try to quilt something smaller, such as a potholder or placemat, before I quilted something this size.  By that time I had the quilting bug and started stash building.  Anyway, back to this quilt, I finally quilted it with a simple stitch-in-the-ditch and put the binding on.  I just could smack myself for waiting so long because I love it.  It is a generous lap size, 60 x 60, and fits so nicely on the back of my couch or on my deacon's bench. 

I am really, really working on busting out my UFO pile this year along with turning out new quilts.  Hang in there with me as I get my blog back in order. 

3 comments:

  1. So good to see you back, Rhonda!
    I love KT fabrics, too! I think I have made 4 quilts now using that line.
    This is wonderful and it looks great on your new bench, you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really well! That should spur you on to finish more UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, yeah - I love your blog!!! But love your quilts and deacon bench more!!! I think it was a Thimbleberries book that got me out of the scrappy quilt thinking - though they are still my favorite - Now I'm at times overwhelmed with UFO's!!! Looking forward to seeing all your projects!!


    Blessings, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!